Thursday, May 24, 2012

emily jane loves: bronzer for the not-so bronze

summa-summa-summatime. time to sit back and unwind, right?

sorry, will smith, but it's not that easy for us girls in the summertime. we have to worry about our bikini bods and how we're going to cover up those love handles we acquired over the winter. and, on top of worrying about your lumps and bumps, we also have to think about our tan, or in my case, lack thereof.

under normal conditions, my pale skin doesn't bother me. in fact, people compliment me on it fairly often and tell me that i look like an "english rose". but, in the summer, i usually don't get too many compliments when i step out in a swimsuit and it looks like i've been locked in a basement for the last 26 years.

this, unfortunately, is my reality:


instead of sitting around and crying about how i will forever burn peoples' eyes with my transparent skin,  i decided to do something about it. i went out on a limb and picked up this self-tanning lotion from ulta (with, as always, great skepticism):


the woman informed me that this was the best self-tanning lotion on the market right now, especially for us pale folks. she said it had a natural coverage, a refreshing scent and the lotion had a tint to it so you could see the spots you missed right away.

with such raving reviews, i thought that after one application, i'd look like this:


sadly, that wasn't the case. however, i will tell you, that it is the best self-tanning lotion i've ever used. i applied it on my legs, and after three days i could definitely tell a difference. it really does make you look like you got a tan, and not just rolled around in some cheeto powder.

my only complaint would be that the scent is not something i'd describe as refreshing. it still smells like self-tanning lotion, just with a light hint of citrus. other than that, i'd definitely recommend giving this product a try.

get a glow without getting skin cancer!

4 comments:

  1. Was it super expensive? And where did you find it?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i think it was like $25, but it was so worth it. i got mine at ulta, but i'm sure you can buy it online too!

      Delete
  2. I am going to have to try this! :) I just wanted to let you know that I am having a giveaway right now. Please check it out. Thanks!

    http://seekvintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i definitely will :) thanks for reading, and let me know if you like the self-tanning lotion!

      Delete